New music, arts festival coming to Shepherd this weekend

19293_logot

A small, intimate music and arts festival is coming to a town less than 10 miles outside of Mount Pleasant this weekend.

Sacred Vibrations Music and Arts Festival, presented by Life Style Destinations, takes place Oct. 6-8 at Salt River Acres, 926 S. Greendale Road in Shepherd.

Trevor Metz, marketing and press relations coordinator for the event, said the family-friendly festival plans to welcome more than 1,000 this weekend. Calling it a “relaxed setting,” Metz said the festival will promote the area’s blossoming electronic music scene in addition to activities such as yoga, meditation and live dancing.

Headliners and performers for the festival include Ott., Kalya Scintilla and Desert Dwellers.

Gates open at 10 a.m. Friday and prices range from $20 to $100 for a day pass. Tickets can be purchased online on Eventbrite. There are no refunds available. 

Metz, a St. Ignace native, said this is the first year of the event. A Central Michigan University senior, Metz said there about six-to-eight CMU students involved with the festival.

“There’s more-and-more hype going on,” Metz said.

There will be opportunities to camp on-site and music will be played throughout the weekend, Metz said. He said this festival gives people the avenue to express themselves through the arts and the opportunity to explore the area’s electronic music scene.

“If you’re interested, this is a perfect time to see if you are interested in the scene,” Metz said.

More information can be found online on the Sacred Vibrations Music and Arts Festival Facebook event page.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →