Sports Clips offers free haircuts for veterans

19293_logot

For people who are looking to show support on Veterans Day, Sports Clips in Mount Pleasant is running its annual "Help a Hero" campaign.

On Saturday, Nov. 11, Sports Clips in Mount Pleasant will hold "the biggest haircut day of the year," where the company donates a dollar for every haircut service to the "Help a Hero" campaign. All service members and veterans with valid military identification will receive a free haircut all day. 

The event will be held at participating locations around the country including in Mount Pleasant at 4459 East Blue Grass Road. 

Now through Veterans Day on Saturday, Sports Clips is running its annual "Help a Hero" campaign where every time someone gets a haircut, they will be helping out veterans who are in need of financial assistance or are pursuing an education at post-secondary institutions. To date Sports Clips and its clients, team members and product partners have raised more than $3 million for the program leading to over 800 scholarships being awarded to veterans nationally. 

Anyone who donates $5 or more will be given tickets for a drawing. At the close of Veterans Day, the owner of the winning ticket will receive a 40" smart screen TV. 

"Our wonderful team of stylists are so appreciative of the generosity of our many clients who have already donated to the Help a Hero program so far," said owner Rich Ohle. "Our stylists were also generous in donating their tips to purchase the TV as their contribution to the Help a Hero program. I am incredibly proud of them."