Dequan Finn recruiting Northern Illinois commit Jalen McGaughy to CMU

img-7685-2
Central Michigan 2019 QB commit Dequan Finn throws a pass at the Sound Mind Sound Body 7-on-7 in Detroit on July 22, 2017.

While escalating in the recruit rankings and developing on the field, Dequan Finn has remained loyal to Central Michigan. 

The 2019 three-star dual-threat quarterback committed to the Chippewas on April 21, and he still talks with head coach John Bonamego and offensive coordinator Chris Ostrowsky often. 

"I still have love for Central Michigan," Finn said. "CMU has been good to me."

As Finn's phenomenal CMU experience coerced him to make a commitment, he is hoping the same will happen to his Detroit Martin Luther King teammate Jalen McGaughy, a 2019 three-star athlete. 

McGaughy is currently committed to Northern Illinois and has been since March 11. He is ranked No. 1,324 in the nation, No. 153 at wide receiver and No. 32 in the state, according to 247Sports Composite. 

Ever since McGaughy picked up an offer from CMU on May 31, Finn has been propelling him to side with the Chippewas. 

"He is a big, athletic receiver and is a major threat to defenses," Finn said of McGaughy. "That's why I've been trying to recruit him."

McGaughy has offers from Northern Illinois, Ball State, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Syracuse and Western Michigan. 

"I just tell Jalen or anyone else that we are building something special," Finn said. "It would be great if he could join us and we can build the best 2019 class in college football.

"I also tell him of what we can accomplish while being at CMU." 

Finn said McGaughy and Bonamego have a superb connection, while the prospect is also close to wide receivers coach Marcus Knight. 

"He told me he can't wait to visit CMU with his grandparents and view the campus," Finn recalled of his chat with McGaughy. 

Finn plans to be in Mount Pleasant for CMU's home games against Kansas (Sept. 8), Ball State (Oct. 13) and Western Michigan (Oct. 20). 

McGaughy will be on-campus for a visit soon.