St. Jude to host 'Up 'Til Dawn' pajama party Feb. 22

dsc-1625

St. Jude "Up 'til Dawn" E-Board celebrates on Feb. 17, 2018 in Bovee University Center. 

The St. Jude Up ‘til Dawn’s Ultimate Pajama Party will be held at 11:45 p.m. to 6 a.m. Feb. 22-23 in the Central Michigan University Bovee University Center Rotunda 221. 

This event is a celebratory event held for students who have raised at least $100 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The event is held to honor the children and families who battle childhood cancer and other terminal illnesses daily. 

"(Students) get to learn about the live-saving mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital while also having a fun time," said Wayne senior Amy Hoch. "It's a really great experience to learn more about what St. Jude is, whether you're going into the medical profession or not."

At the event, there will be a hypnotist, After Hours Improv, On the Rox A Capella, food, games, prizes and student cancer survivor testimonies. 

Donations and fundraising for this event will help St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s mission to provide free care for their patients. St. Jude is a hospital that has never billed patients for any treatment, housing, traveling, food, etc. 

For over 50 years, the hospital has been searching for a cure for cancer and has helped improve the survival rate of pediatric cancer patients from 20 to 80 percent. Currently, the event has raised over $16,000 to help the hospital.

To register for this event, CMU students can go to the following link: http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/UTD/UTD?pg=entry&fr_id=92512. Through the website, participants can set up their fundraising page and then share it with all their friends and family to donate.