SGA president, vice president debates to take place March 18

With the Student Government Association presidential elections just around the corner, SGA will hold a debate for the prospective president and vice president to take questions and share their future goals at 7 p.m. March 18 in the Bovee University Center Auditorium. 

“The SGA debate is an amazing opportunity to hear from candidates about what they are passionate about, and how they want to make a difference in the roles of SGA president, Vice President and Treasurer,” said current SGA President Jake Hendricks.

Candidates who will participate in the debate include:

• Incumbents Hendricks and Lyndi Rose 
  • Gabe Butzke and Lauryn Gibas 

Katana Meganck is running unopposed for treasurer, but she will also provide a speech on her platform after the debate. 

The debate will be facilitated by SGA Election Director Greg Morgan, who will read from a list of questions composed by the Elections Committee. The candidates will offer closing statements and take questions from the audience.

"I'm expecting both tickets to share their initiatives and how they will represent CMU's student body," said SGA Press Secretary Nick Latuszek. "I encourage all individuals to attend this debate, so they can understand each candidate's stances on a variety of topics relating to the student body prior to voting later this month."

The debate will be livestreamed on the SGA Facebook page, and voting will take place March 24-29 on OrgSync here.