2020 3-star CB Daemon Hill declines Power Five offers, signs with Central Michigan

daemon-hill
(Photo: Andrew Ivins / 247Sports)

With offers from Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Louisville and Miami (Florida) on his plate, Daemon Hill's next move was shocking.

Hill didn't tweet anything and wasn't looking for attention.

The Palmetto High School three-star cornerback signed with Central Michigan, the football program announced Wednesday.

"It's the place for me to be," Hill said. "I know I can come in and play early. Spending time with the coaches and players, I felt like back at home."

Despite multiple Power Five offers, Hill will play for the Chippewas beginning in the 2020 season.

"I give the kid a lot of respect because he didn't go logo chasing," said CMU director of player personnel Albert Karschnia. "He just found home. I give him a lot of credit for blocking out the noise and making the best decision for his family."

Hill was on Central Michigan's board since February, as first-year coach Jim McElwain, along with linebackers coach Mark DeBastiani and cornerbacks coach David Rowe, have connections to high school coaches the prospect's area in Florida.

The relationship piece between Hill and his recruiters helped him feel like a part of the family.

"We just stuck on him," Karschnia said.

The 6-foot, 170-pound cornerback took an official visit to Central Michigan this past weekend with his mother. 

Karschnia said the Chippewas' top prospect in the 2020 class connected with the staff, and Hill confirmed that statement.

Hill is ranked No. 1,323 in the nation, No. 115 at cornerback and No. 170 in Florida, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Besides Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Louisville, Miami (Florida) and Central Michigan, Hill had other offers from Bowling Green, Buffalo, Coastal Carolina, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Western Kentucky and Samford.