QB David Moore wins suspension appeal

lrm-export-680812421014059-20191008-160127194

Central Michigan quarterback David Moore prepares to face Western Michigan Sept. 28 at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo.

Central Michigan senior quarterback David Moore won his appeal over a potential suspension regarding a positive test for a banned substance, he told Central Michigan Life on Thursday.

Moore said he would be given protocol from the NCAA to follow heading into the 2021 season. 

Moore was held from the 2020 season after testing positive for a banned substance a second time. He was suspended a first time on Oct. 7, 2019 for testing positive for two separate NCAA banned substances.

According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, Moore was found to have tested positive for Ligandrol and the M3 metabolite Turinabol. A second test in October of this year found the same metabolite of Turinabol, though Moore claimed to have stopped taking it after the first positive test.

According to the report, president of the Banned Substances Control Group Oliver Catlin said that Moore's story is believable because "the science is relatively limited."

In six games with CMU in 2019, Moore threw for 1,143 yards and five touchdowns. The Chippewas were 2-2 in his four starts. He missed all of 2020 due to the second positive test.