CMU announces full capacity for football at Kelly/Shorts Stadium

fball-game-10-5-10

Central Michigan's cheerleading team performs stunts on the sidelines against Eastern Michigan on Oct. 5, 2019 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. 

There will be no limits on fans allowed inside Kelly/Shorts Stadium for the 2021 Chippewa football season. 

The CMU Athletic Department announced Tuesday that Kelly/Shorts Stadium will be open at full capacity for the upcoming season. In 2020, a limited number of fans were able to enter the stadium for the abbreviated season due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

CMU said it will continue to follow state and local health guidelines with regards to capacity restrictions. 

The Chippewas have six home games scheduled in 2021. Four games will be played on Saturdays while the team's two November home games will be played on Wednesdays. According to athletic director Amy Folan in a Maroon and Gold message, each of the six home tilts will have an assigned theme. 

Sept. 11 vs. Robert Morris: Heroes Day (9/11 recognition), Youth Day
Sept. 25 vs. Florida International: Family and Friends Weekend, Community Day, CMU and You Day
Oct. 16 vs. Toledo: Homecoming, Hall of Fame Recognition
Oct. 23 vs. Northern Illinois: Traditions Day, Flag Officer Recognition, Band Day, Student Appreciation Game
Nov. 10 vs. Kent State: Military Appreciation Day, Faculty and Staff Appreciation Month
Nov. 26 vs. Eastern Michigan: This is Home Game, Senior Day, Faculty and Staff Appreciation Month

Kelly/Shorts Stadium currently holds a capacity of 30,255. Fans will get their first look at the new Chippewa Champions Center on game day during the home opener against Robert Morris on Sept. 11.