Week nine injury report: Bracy 'Ready to roll', Brown and Johnson uncertain

f46939bb-2ad6-4bb4-906d-8aca913ba04f
Mobile, Ala. junior Darius Bracy hurtles towards the end zone, Saturday, Sept. 11.

Central Michigan will get a valuable piece of its backfield back when it takes on Western Michigan, while two key defensive players remain uncertain. 

Head coach Jim McElwain said junior running back Darius Bracy is on track to return for the Chippewas' rivalry game, which kicks off at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo. 

"Darius Bracy should be back and ready to roll," McElwain said. "He's been practicing and that's a good thing. It'll increase our wildcat package, which we're excited about and obviously help us out on some special teams." 

Bracy had been out since the team's week three loss to Louisiana State with an MCL injury. His return helps with depth, as the team is planning to redshirt freshman running back De'Javion Stepney. 

The statuses of linebacker Troy Brown and defensive end LaQuan Johnson remain uncertain according to McElwain. Brown has missed the Chippewas' last two games, while Johnson has been in and out of the lineup this season. 

"Troy Brown, probably doubtful to questionable," McElwain said. "And the same with LaQuan." 

Defensive back Dishon McNary will remain out after suffering an ankle injury against Florida International in week four. There was no timetable given for his return. 

Offensively, the Chippewas may yet get a return from injured freshman receiver Finn Hogan. The Maple City native has been out since week one, but recently has started working out with the team again. 

"He's put a uniform on and came out and caught routes," McElwain said. "He won't play or travel or anything (against WMU) but he's getting back healthy and that's good to see. Hopefully, maybe, at the end of the year we can get a couple snaps out of him."