Molly Davis enters transfer portal

womens-ball-2-5-2
Junior guard Molly Davis lines up for a free throw, Saturday Feb. 5, in McGuirk Arena. Despite Davis putting up 25 points, the CMU Chippewas were unable to beat the Buffalo Bulls.

After finishing at the bottom of the Mid-American Conference, Central Michigan women’s basketball headed into the offseason hoping to retool. 

However, head coach Heather Oesterle’s squad took another hit Wednesday after junior Molly Davis entered the transfer portal. 

Davis is the sixth Chippewa to enter the transfer portal since Jan. 2022.

In three seasons at CMU, Davis sits 12th all-time at CMU for points scored with 1,438 and eighth all-time for 3-pointers made at 188. She has two years of eligibility remaining. 

Hailing from Midland, Davis immediately made her presence felt with the Chippewas in 2019. Starting all 30 games, Davis averaged 14.3 points per game while shooting 39.5% from three. Narrowly missing out on the Freshmen of The Year award, she earned All-MAC Second-Team and MAC All-Freshman Team honors. 

As a sophomore, Davis established herself as a top-tier guard in the MAC. Once again she started in every game for CMU en route to a MAC Championship. While recording 37.9 minutes per game, Davis averaged 20.8 points per game and received All-MAC First-Team honors. 

Plagued by injuries, Davis missed five games during the 2021-22 season. She finished the year averaging 18.4 points per game earning her All-MAC Second-Team honors.