Bernhard Raimann selected 77th overall by Indianapolis Colts in 2022 NFL Draft

pro-day-01
Offensive lineman Bernhard Raimann performs a drill, Tuesday March 15, in the Indoor Athletic Complex. GENERAL: The CMU football team held their pro day, allowing players from CMU and surrounding schools planning to enter the NFL Draft to perform in front of scouts from each of the 32 NFL teams, Tuesday March 15, in CMU athletic facilities.

The wait is over.

With the No. 77 overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts selected Central Michigan offensive tackle Bernhard Raimann. He is the second Chippewa taken in the 2022 Draft, with fellow offensive tackle Luke Goedeke going No. 57 overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

Raimann joined the Chippewas as a tight end in 2018, catching 20 passes for 164 yards over two seasons. 

After earning Mid-American Conference All-American Academic honors in 2019, Raimann was approached by Head Coach Jim McElwain about transitioning to offensive tackle the following season. 

Adding 90 pounds to his frame, Raimann effortlessly transitioned to his new role. At 6-foot-7, 305-pounds, He started all six games in the COVID-shortened 2020 earning a spot on the Phil Steele All-MAC fourth team. 

Playing in six games during 2021, Raimann received First Team All-MAC honors and an invite to the NFL Combine. 

Hailing from Steinbrunn, Austria, Raimann began playing football at 14-years-old. But, football isn’t a sport at Austrian high schools and quickly his passion brought him to Delton, MI as a foreign exchange student. 

At Delton High School, Raimann earned varsity letters in wrestling and track and field while carrying a 3.8 GPA. 

In 2017, Raimann was ranked No. 50 in the Detroit Free Press Fab 50 high school rankings.