Gage Kreski receives invite to New York Giants rookie camp

football-11-3-2021-2

St. Ignace senior safety Gage Kreski gazes at the crowd during an injury timeout Wednesday, Niv. 3 at Waldo Stadium. 

While he didn’t receive a call during the 2022 NFL Draft, former Central Michigan safety Gage Kreski has a chance to continue his football career. 

On Sunday, Kreski received an offer to the New York Giants rookie camp.

Kreski didn’t receive an invite to the 2022 NFL combine. During the CMU Pro Day, he ran a 4.69-second 40-yard dash and clocked in at 3.9-second in the shuttle run. Kreski’s time in the shuttle run would have been the best time recorded at the combine. 

Hailing from St. Ignace, the 6-foot-1 209-pound safety was a standout high school player in the Upper Peninsula before joining the Chippewas. 

At St. Ignace High School, Kreski led his team to four-consecutive conference titles. As a result, he was named All-Upper Peninsula Player twice and received All-State honors in his sophomore, junior and senior years. 

His time went up in 2018, seeing action in 10 games. More time on the field allowed Kreski to grab his first career interception and tally 13 total tackles. 

During the 2019 season, Kreski finally cracked CMU’s starting lineup. Once again he increased his output, recording 37 total tackles, three pass deflections and two interceptions. 

Only playing in four games during the 2020 season, Kreski finished with 13 total tackles. However, he bounced back in 2021. 

In addition to adding a Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl victory to the resume, Kreski recorded a career-high 81 total tackles.