CMU announces search committee for next AVP of financial services and reporting/controller
By Bryce Hollins
According to a press release on Central Michigan University’s website, a committee has been formed to conduct the search for CMU’s next Associate Vice President, Financial Services and Reporting/Controller.
The committee, chaired by associate vice president for facilities management, Johnathan Webb, and consisting of six CMU faculty members, was appointed by CMU Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services Mary Moran Hill, who was named vice president & chief financial officer in early December 2022.
The other members of the committee consists of:
- Kim Wagester, assistant controller, Financial Services.
- Manuel Rupe, senior associate dean for legal affairs, CMU College of Medicine.
- Kevin Wilson, assistant director, Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Darcy Wilson, executive director, Innovation and Portfolio Management.
- Cali Clark, director, employment and compensation, Human Resources Employment Services.
- Mitchel Hartman, administrative assistant to the vice president, Finance and Administrative Services.
Hill, who has now worked at CMU for over 30 years in various roles and committees, replaced Nick Long who resigned in July 2022 after two years at the position.
Vice president and chief financial officer is responsible for overseeing departments regarding finance and administrative services such as auxiliary services, facilities management, financial planning and budgets, financial services and reporting, human resources and the CMU Police Department.
The search will be conducted over the 2023 spring semester and is supported by CMU Human Resources and the Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity.