Central sustainability to host Earth Day trash-a-thon, April 22

boveeuc_03272023
A CMU student bikes near the entrance to the Bovee University Center on March 27.

On Earth Day, April 22, Central Sustainability and the Sustainability Leadership Committee are partnering up to host the Earth Day Trash-a-thon

This event, according to Central Sustainability’s page on Central Michigan University’s website, is an opportunity for RSOs from CMU to raise donations while competing against other students by cleaning up waste in Mount Pleasant. 

The groups registered for the competition will meet on the front lawn of Bovee University Center before the start of the competition at 1 p.m. Students will be given until 5 p.m. to collect as much waste around campus and the community. 

At 5 p.m. Central Sustainability will weigh the waste collected from each of the groups. The top three groups to collect the most waste at the end of the time limit will receive cash or gift card prizes. 

RSO‘s hoping to enter the competition have until April 21 to register it’s organization. You can register your group by filling out a google form

This event is one of many that Central Sustainability and other organizations across campus have hosted in celebration of the week of Earth Day. 

If you want to learn more or have any questions concerning the event, email Central Sustainability at sustainability@cmich.edu