Central sustainability to host earth week walking tour

uclawn-9-1-3

On-campus resources host tables at the Take Care on the Lawn on Thursday, Sept. 1 outside of the Bovee University Center.

Today, April 19, Central Sustainability will host an Earth Week Walking Tour to celebrate Earth Day. 

The tour is open to the public. Therefore, anyone hoping to attend the tour should meet at 7 p.m. on the front lawn of the Bovee University Center. The walk will end around 9 p.m.

According to Lauren Dey, a member of Central Sustainability, this event serves as a way to educate the Mount Pleasant community on Central Michigan University’s past and ongoing sustainability efforts on campus. Central Sustainability will take the group of attendees around campus, stopping at specific locations to talk about how they connect to different types of sustainability, including environmental, cultural, human and economic sustainability. 

The walking tour is one of many events organizations across campus are hosting to celebrate the week of Earth Day. 

Central Sustainability has hosted walking tours before, including three last semester. 

“We hope that everyone that attends will walk away with a better understanding about what sustainability is and how CMU is working to be more sustainable, and how they can be more aware of sustainability in their everyday lives, " Dey said. 

If you want to learn more or have any questions concerning the event, email Central Sustainability at Sustainability@cmich.edu