CMU remains scoreless against Akron as final three games approach

Staying winless for the last three weeks, Central Michigan soccer tied against Akron 0-0 on Sunday. CMU faced multiple shots from the Akron offense totaling 17 shots, only six on goal.

Goalkeeper, Allison LaPoint kept the Chippewas from falling under, stopping all six shots. CMU now earns one point toward their overall standings. Where they currently are tied for ninth with six points. 

Midfielder Jocelin Zimmerer had both of CMU's shots on goal but unfortunately could not find the back of the net.

"We could have had more quality in the final third," head coach Jeremy Groves said. "We have lots of crossing moments and some decent chances on goal, but we have to get more from those opportunities."

CMU now earns one point toward their overall standings advancing them to ninth in the Mid-American Conference standings with six points after two ties this week. 

The Chippewas will travel to Bowling Green, Ohio on Thursday to battle the Bowling Green Falcons as they currently stand third in the MAC.

In its final three games, the Chippewas will face some of the top teams in the MAC. In order to meet the requirements for entry to the tournament, CMU must dominate these last games.

"We will continue to fight in every game left," Groves said. "There's still a chance of making the tournament."