University Innovation Fellows to host scholarship fair

Courtesy of University Innovation Fellows.

Central Michigan University is holding a Scholarship Fair from 1-4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 21, at Finch Fieldhouse. 

Carolina Hernandez Ruiz, a member of University Innovation Fellows (UIF) and a junior at CMU, said there is a lack of communication and awareness of scholarships among students.

“There are so many scholarships on campus that go unawarded or only two or three people apply, and there are a lot of students who need financial aid who are struggling to pay for college,” Hernandez Ruiz said.

At the Scholarship Fair, students from all majors will have the opportunity to talk to informed representatives from different departments and offices about the scholarships available to them. 

“We’re bringing pretty much everyone who has something to offer,” Hernandez-Ruiz said.

She said this fair is better than the Scholarship Universe website because it provides in-person guidance and more scholarship opportunities. 

UIF is a program collaborating with Stanford University tailored toward the campus community and the student experience in college through creating ideas and projects. Carolina Hernandez-Ruiz, Rebecca Ball, Tyler Thompson and Maxwell Hornak are part of the CMU UIF Team organizing this event.