CMU women's basketball ends road games in loss to Buffalo

d-wbballvsindianastate-photo-12-2-2023

Central Michigan's graduate student forward Nadége Jean drives against Indiana State's Mya GlantonHear how to pronounce Mya Glanton during CMU's Holiday Hoops game, Saturday, Dec. 2 in McGuirk Arena. Jean led CMU with 17 points and seven rebounds. (Marie Underwood | CM-Life)

As the season quickly winds down, the Central Michigan women's basketball team ends its road schedule for the regular season in a 77-68 loss to Buffalo. 

CMU has officially eliminated itself from a chance at the Mid-American Conference tournament just shy of the final game of the season. Only the top eight teams can travel to Cleveland to battle for the MAC champion title.

The Chippewas had a slow start, scoring just 35 points to Buffalo's 42. They had a strong run however in the second half scoring 28 points in the fourth quarter. 

Leading in points again was freshman guard Tamara Ortiz with 19, shooting 50% overall and shot 4-9 from beyond the arc. 

Following behind was graduate student Nadége Jean with 15, shooting 71% overall. Jean had a double-double with 10 rebounds throughout the game.

CMU was able to contain the turnover bug that seemed to bite them, giving up 18 against Buffalo. Five of them came from Jean while the rest are spread among the roster. 

The Chippewas continue to remain 11th in the MAC standings as their overall record now becomes 6-21 and the conference record is now 4-13. As the final game comes, CMU fights for a chance to finish its season with a win. 

Missing from the lineup was sophomore guard Taylor Anderson, who has been missing for the last few games due to injury. It is questionable whether she will return to play Akron or not. 

When the Chippewas return to Mount Pleasant to finish out the season, they will highlight the team's seniors.

The team takes on Akron for the last game of the regular season on Saturday at 1 p.m. at McGuirk Arena.