Five journalism alumni to be inducted into Hall of Fame

998603_495620010522225_622752257_n

Central Michigan University's Journalism Hall of Fame will recognize the accomplishments of five alumni this fall.

From the founder of the @APStylebook Twitter handle to the marketer credited with leading a favorite fast-food campaign, the alumni will be inducted into CMU's Journalism Hall of Fame on Nov. 4 at the Courtyard Marriott on campus.

The five inductees are:

• Colleen Newvine Tebeau, '92: Tebeau is the product manager for the AP Stylebook and helps run the @APStylebook Twitter account. The account has gained more than 262,000 followers since its launch in 2009. 
  • Tony Cervone, '85: Cervone is the senior vice president of global communications at General Motors. His 30-year career also includes roles at Chrysler, Volkswagen and United Airlines, and his recognitions include a top ranking on PR Week's 2016 Power List.
  • Steve Fecht, '80: He spent years honing his craft at The Detroit News before leaving to start Steve Fecht Photography. He uses his 25-plus years as a photojournalist, photo editor and photo director to work with commercial and corporate clients. Fecht also works with the news photo bureau at General Motors.
  • Kenneth Gal, '78: Gal is the CEO of Shiny Objects Marketing Inc. in Los Angeles. He started his career at Central Michigan Life and was honored as the 1977-78 Distinguished Advertising Manager of the Year by the College Newspaper and Advertising Managers. Today he is known for his impact on global consumer brands such as Pepsi, Disney and KFC.
  • Jim Harger, '76: Harger is a reporter for MLive Media Group at The Grand Rapids Press.

The CMU Hall of Fame will also honor Central Michigan Life staff members from 1987-88. For more information, contact Dave Clark, director of student publications, at 989-774-1678 or clark6da@cmich.edu.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →