Tribal Council member resigns following felony drug charge

A Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Council member has resigned following a felony drug charge in Isabella County.

Amanda Oldman resigned last Thursday, July 6, according to a letter issued from the Tribal Public Relations Department. Three days prior to her resignation, Oldman was arraigned in Isabella County Trial Court on one count of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.

Tribal Council will evaluate its options as it moves forward and will provide an update when available, interim Public Relations Director Erik Rodriguez said in the letter.

Oldman, 44, has been released from the Isabella County Jail after posting bond, according to court documents. She was arrested after the Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police Department received an anonymous tip June 21 that a woman was selling prescription pills to Oldman. 

Oldman had received hydrocodone-acetaminophen, the generic name for Vicodin, from three different physicians in the past year. Oldman was swapping and selling her pills with another woman who had the stronger dosage, according to the court records. 

While Oldman’s prescription for the opioid is five milligrams, she “prefers 10 mg.,” according to the court records.

Oldman is scheduled to be in Isabella County Trial Judge Eric Janes’ courtroom at 8:15 a.m. July 13 for a probable cause conference and 10:30 a.m. July 20 for a preliminary hearing.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →