Person of interest in windshield pornography cases has died, sheriff deputies say

A person of interest in a string of incidents involving pornography found on cars across Isabella County has died, according to the Isabella County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies have ruled the death as a suicide, according to a sheriff's office press release issued Wednesday, March 29. Deputies are not releasing the name of the man or any other identifying information other than that he was 68 years old.

Sheriff Mike Main said the investigation is now closed.

Deputies were investigating the 68-year-old man as being connected to approximately 10 incidents involving notes and pornographic material left on cars throughout the county. The majority of these incidents happened in Mount Pleasant and Union Township, Main said on March 27. He believed that one suspect was responsible for the incidents targeting young females ranging from 16 years old to women in their early 20s.

A Central Michigan University student was a victim in one of those incidents. That incident occurred on March 23 in the parking lot of Mount Pleasant's Target store, located at 4097 E. Blue Grass Road.

According to the press release, the person of interest spoke to his family about the incidents before his death.

"We are relieved that there will be no other incidents and our prayers go to the family during this very difficult time," Main wrote in the release.