Five journalism alumni to be inducted into Hall of Fame

Central Michigan University's Journalism Hall of Fame will recognize the accomplishments of five alumni this fall.

From the founder of the @APStylebook Twitter handle to the marketer credited with leading a favorite fast-food campaign, the alumni will be inducted into CMU's Journalism Hall of Fame on Nov. 4 at the Courtyard Marriott on campus.

The five inductees are:

• Colleen Newvine Tebeau, '92: Tebeau is the product manager for the AP Stylebook and helps run the @APStylebook Twitter account. The account has gained more than 262,000 followers since its launch in 2009. 
  • Tony Cervone, '85: Cervone is the senior vice president of global communications at General Motors. His 30-year career also includes roles at Chrysler, Volkswagen and United Airlines, and his recognitions include a top ranking on PR Week's 2016 Power List.
  • Steve Fecht, '80: He spent years honing his craft at The Detroit News before leaving to start Steve Fecht Photography. He uses his 25-plus years as a photojournalist, photo editor and photo director to work with commercial and corporate clients. Fecht also works with the news photo bureau at General Motors.
  • Kenneth Gal, '78: Gal is the CEO of Shiny Objects Marketing Inc. in Los Angeles. He started his career at Central Michigan Life and was honored as the 1977-78 Distinguished Advertising Manager of the Year by the College Newspaper and Advertising Managers. Today he is known for his impact on global consumer brands such as Pepsi, Disney and KFC.
  • Jim Harger, '76: Harger is a reporter for MLive Media Group at The Grand Rapids Press.

The CMU Hall of Fame will also honor Central Michigan Life staff members from 1987-88. For more information, contact Dave Clark, director of student publications, at 989-774-1678 or clark6da@cmich.edu.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →