Max and Emily's kicks off second show of Summer Concert Series with Kelley Hunt

American blues singer and songwriter Kelley Hunt will return to Mount Pleasant Thursday night to kick off the second performance in the Max and Emily's Summer Concert Series.

The show is free to the public and takes place in front of Max & Emily’s on the corner of Broadway and University streets. Local singer/songwriter Natalie Shattuck takes the stage at 6 p.m., followed by Hunt at 7 p.m. If it rains, the show will be moved to Central Michigan University's campus, according to the Max and Emily's Facebook page.

With her soulful blues style, Hunt is bringing along a horn section to add to her already deep stage sound. Hunt is currently on tour supporting her sixth studio album, "The Beautiful Bones," through 2016.

Next Thursday, July 20, the Saucecats will play their last show together from the Max and Emily's stage.

East Lansing's The Verve Pipe will take the stage on August 17. Since their last performance in Mt. Pleasant, the rock band released a children’s album, "Are We There Yet?" as well as two rock albums, "Overboard" and "Villains." Members of The Verve Pipe will meet with Partners Empowering All Kids (PEAK) students during their visit to teach hands on examples in making music.

Central Michigan University School of Music alumnus Joe Hertler and his band The Rainbow Seekers will close the summer concert series on Saturday, August 26. The band is out on tour in support of their third album, "Pluto." Daryl and the Beans — a band made up of three CMU English professors — will be the opening act for The Rainbow Seekers.

For more information about the 2017 Max and Emily's Summer Concert Series, visit http://maxandemilys.com/summer-concert-series/.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →