Police identify 'armed and dangerous' suspect in Empty Keg robbery

A screenshot of security footage depicting a suspect later identified as Rickery Donnell Cole Jr., accused of the robbing the Empty Keg Party Store on Oct. 6, 2018.

Through tips given to the Mount Pleasant Police Department after surveillance photo and video were released, officers have confirmed the identity of the suspect of an armed robbery at the Empty Keg Party Store on the night of Oct. 6.

The suspect has been identified as Rickery Donnell Cole Jr., a 29-year-old Lansing man. MPPD detectives have determined that Cole is no longer in the Mount Pleasant area, according to a press release.

A booking photo of Rickery Donnell Cole Jr. from April 2018.

The police department is currently reaching out to other law enforcement agencies throughout the state. On Oct. 8, an arrest warrant was issued for Cole. In addition to the warrant for armed robbery, Cole has eight other outstanding warrants, the press release stated.

Cole is described as being 6-foot-1-inch tall, 190 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. Cole has a tattoo of a “Lion Head” on his upper back, and “AHLISIANNA” tattooed on the left side of his chest, according to a MPPD press release.

Cole entered the Empty Keg on the night of Oct. 6 to tell the clerk about a "disturbance" outside. After the clerk exited the store, Cole revealed a handgun and ordered the clerk back into the store to retrieve money from the cash register.

The police department is requesting the public’s assistance in locating Cole, who resides in the Lansing area and is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information that could help the ongoing investigation is encouraged to call the police department "TIP Line" at (989) 779-9111.