Asian Pacific American Heritage Month to take place March15-April 15

asian-pacific-american-month
(Courtesy Photo | Multicultural Academic Student Services webpage)

Central Michigan University Multicultural Academic Student Services will celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month by hosting a number of events on campus in the following weeks. 

While Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is celebrated nationally in the month of May, CMU is celebrating it March 15-April 15.

Students will have the opportunity to learn about Asian culture and history through films, speakers, traditional cuisine and other activities.

"This month’s programming is not only for those who are looking to learn or experience something new, but also for our Asian-Pacific student population to be able to enjoy and express their own culture while building a community," said MASS graduate assistant Cyrus Stewart.

All events are free and open to the public. For more information about events and programs taking place during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, visit the MASS website here.

The events include: 

• "Origami Instruction" — every Wednesday from noon to 1p.m. in Bovee University Center 108, sponsored by the Center for Inclusion and Diversity. Punch and popcorn will be provided.

Thursday, March 14

• "Taste of Asia" — 7 p.m. in Kulhavi 141

Wednesday, March 20

• Keynote Speaker: Jr Kuo — 7 p.m. in the Charles V. Park Library Auditorium

Thursday, March 21

• "Night Market" — 7 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Maroon, Gold and Chippewa Rooms

Monday, March 25

• Movie Night: "Message from Hiroshima"— 6 p.m. in the Center for Inclusion and Diversity, Bovee University Center 108

Tuesday, March 26

• Polynesian Dancers — 7 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Auditorium

Thursday, March 28

• "Extreme Cuisine" — 7 p.m. in Kulhavi 141 and 142

Friday, April 12

• "Celebrasia" — 7 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Rotunda 

Thursday, April 25

• "Soup and Substance" — Noon to 1 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Terrace Rooms