Ja'Raymond Hall medically disqualified from football at Central Michigan

Central Michigan offensive lineman Ja'Raymond Hall practices Aug. 7 at the Bennett Track Field.

Ja'Raymond Hall's football career at Central Michigan is over.

The offensive lineman has been medically disqualified from playing for the Chippewas, according to a team spokesperson.

Hall remains a student on campus. He's currently a junior pursuing his undergraduate degree.

The 6-foot-5, 291-pound athlete has never played in a college game. He took a redshirt as a freshman at Michigan in 2017, sat out at Central Michigan due to NCAA transfer rules in 2018 and was injured for the 2019 season.

Throughout his three years of college, Hall has battled numerous injuries.

In mid-August, just two weeks before the 2019 campaign began, coach Jim McElwain said Hall was still recovering from a pre-existing injury.

Hall never made a full recovery.

His health got to the point where team trainers came to the conclusion that he should not continue participating on the football team for medical reasons.

When Hall transferred from Michigan to Central Michigan on Dec. 30, 2017, he had three years of eligibility remaining. His eligibility clock was set to begin again in 2019.

“Central Michigan always felt like family from the beginning,” Hall said in March 2018. “No matter how big I got in recruiting, CMU stayed recruiting me. Some MAC schools faded away, but CMU kept recruiting me hard.” 

During the summer leading up to the 2019 season, Hall was healthy and ready to play. However, more injuries surfaced and held him out for the year.

It's unclear if the former four-star offensive tackle from Oak Park High School will continue to help out with the team from the sidelines.