Study abroad fair will be held virtually next week

study-abroad-3
Applications to study abroad for the 2020 fall semester are now open! Where will you go?

Central Michigan University's Study Abroad program is still providing chances for students to explore the world after the holiday break.

In an effort to allow students to plan for future study abroad opportunities while maintaining social distancing, the Office of Global Engagement will be hosting this semesters Study Abroad Fair over Webex.

The fair will run from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21 through Wednesday, Sept. 23. 

Study abroad advisor Marko Schubert said this year's study abroad fair will miss many of its key characteristics.

"We've always been over in the UC and part of the fair always used to be the colorful pictures, you used to see different tables with different banners and we would have students and representatives from those countries," Schubert said.

Attendees can choose between several 30-minute sessions for the programs that interest them. Students can expect informational presentations, speeches from former study abroad students and Q&A sessions with faculty leaders and study abroad advisors.

Despite the online format, Schubert said students can still learn more about the many programs and destinations that are available.

"It helps that it's broken up into different sessions," Schubert said. "I think the fact that you can spend 30 minutes here and 30 minutes the next day should be an efficient way to learn about the programs, talk to advisors, talking to returnees and potentially program advisors."

You can register for the event on the Office of Study Abroad website